Saturday 9 May 2009

One of those weeks

Well this week has been fun..... I was slicing the potatoes for our fish pie on a mandolin slicer. I was using the guard to hold the potatoes, but didn't have my thumb high enough. The end result was a slice off the edge of my thumb in the pile of potatoes and a call to the neighbour to come and bandage me up. We ended up going to see the Nurse at the surgery as it wouldn't stop bleeding. Its getting better now but still wrapped up, and it's my right thumb so I'm learning to do things with my fingers, turn the car keys, hold a knife and pen.


Yesterday my 4 year old son came downstairs and told me he'd "cut his hair!!!". He was so proud I couldn't help but laugh. He'd climbed up on the toilet to reach the box on the top shelf of the cabinet in which they are kept. Kids!!! We've had to shave his head quite short but he still has obvious marks at the front and we're going to my neices Christening on Sunday.


Still everything that we lost this week will grow back, so we are lucky, some aren't so fortunate.

1 comment:

  1. Just looked you up after reading your post on misi - your blog looks great to me. Well done...all this techy stuff is a bit of a challenge isn't it ? Lisa x

    ReplyDelete